Vinegar Strokes is home to a thriving, open community. Sexual expression and freedom are the focus. We’re all about maintaining a safe and respectful environment where anyone can feel comfortable asking questions and sharing stories. We aim to publish as many different voices, styles, and perspectives as possible. Vinegar Strokes welcomes submissions from women and men of various ages, cultures, ethnicities, gender identities, abilities and disabilities, and educational and economic backgrounds.
We welcome submissions from unpublished writers, seasoned freelancers, front-line activists, and anyone else with a story to tell and a desire to tell it compellingly. We ask that you research your topic thoroughly, back up your expressed opinions with verifiable facts and persuasive arguments, interview a range of relevant sources as the topic requires, and hold on to relevant documentation for fact-checking purposes. Vinegar Strokes seeks to explore complex issues in everyday language — please write for a progressive, non-specialist audience that may not necessarily share your assumptions or opinions. Include a short (one-line) biography at the end of your article.
If your work is accepted for publication, you can expect to participate in an collaborative editing process until consensus is reached between yourself and the editor on a final draft.
Our standard rates of pay are as follows:
- $15.00 – Profiles, short essays, reviews, poems and parting shots (generally <1000 words)
- $35.00 – Feature stories
- $75.00 – Research-based articles and investigative reportage (generally 1500-4000 words)
Call for Submissions Writers – Guidelines
- Creative writing submissions must be original, unpublished work.
- 1 photograph must be included (500×500 pixels and less then 2 MB) relating to the story. This can be taken with a smart phone
- Writers retain copyright of their work. See notice below
- Writers are expected to take part in discussions of their work with members of Vinegar Strokes
- Do not email your work to any Vinegar Strokes Staff. Use the following form to submit
You must use the following form to submit your work > Call for Submissions Writers Form
LIMITED LICENSE TO CONTENT POSTED ON VINEGAR STROKES
Vinegar Strokes claims no ownership interest in any of the Content (including, without limitation, pictures, videos and writing) posted by you on Vinegar Strokes, and the copyright to all such Content shall remain with its original owner. By posting Content on Vinegar Strokes, you warrant and represent that you own the Content posted by you or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and that such Content does not violate the rights of any third party.
You may view our Copyright and Terms and Conditions by clicking the following links